Alban Manor Nursing Home is registered as an 80-bed nursing home providing 24-hour nursing care by qualified nurses.
As well as general nursing care for the elderly, the home has specialist facilities for those living with dementia. We are able to support residents that may have physical disabilities, learning difficulties or require dedicated treatment for specialist diseases, disorders or injury. Matron Kamal Gill, has built an exceptional team of nurses and carers who share her person-centred approach to providing exemplary standards of supported living in a happy, homely setting. Bright personalities and strong communication skills are highly valued. All are encouraged to enhance their skills and knowledge through continuous appraisal and professional development programmes.
The Windsor Suite provides support for 38 residents who need support with everyday living and physical care needs and those residents with early onset dementia. It is located on the ground floor and caters for varying levels of dependency. The Balmoral Suite occupies the first floor and is home to 42 residents who may have a dementia-type illness or other mental health conditions. With its dedicated staff, sensory walls and reminiscence areas, Balmoral delivers specialised care in a bespoke, safe environment.
All our residents benefit from our specialist care services:
- Qualified Nursing Staff on duty 24 hours a day
- Individual assessments of need in consultation with family members
- Specialised equipment including electric hoists, pressure relieving mattresses and full size lift access to all floors
- All staff trained to understand how it feels to live with dementia
- Doctors in regular attendance with option for local residents to remain with existing GP
- Stimulating activities programme designed to promote mental and physical wellbeing
- Retained physiotherapist to assess physical needs and encourage independence
- Visiting dental and chiropody services
- In house Yoga instructor