Our ‘home from home’ philosophy is built on a firm belief that the needs and wishes of each individual resident are paramount. People who live at Alban Manor Nursing Home don’t reside in a place of work. Rather, our staff work in their collective home and do everything possible to ensure that individuality is respected and celebrated while nurturing a sense of belonging.
Our Activities team are totally committed to helping each individual live a fulfilling life which meets their aspirations wherever possible. There is a monthly schedule of activities and they are always open to suggestions for new trips and pastimes! Please see this month's activities at the bottom of this page.
- Scope to personalise bedrooms with familiar furniture and pictures
- Open visiting: no set hours or restrictions, including pets
- Fully accessible landscaped grounds including sensory garden
- Groups including book club, gardening, scrabble and whist
- Shopping trips and visits to pub restaurants, garden centres and local places of interest
- Weekly Happy Hour at the George bar and bistro
- Open invitation for visitors to join residents for a meal
- In house yoga instructor
- Religious services held for different denominations
- Central location with easy access to town centre and ample visitor parking