Kamal Gill – Matron
"I am delighted to introduce myself as Matron of Alban Manor Nursing Home. I bring with me over a decade’s experience in the care and support of older people and families affected by dementia. Early in my career I worked as a Registered nurse in a variety of specialities in hospital and whilst I did enjoy the hospital setting, I knew quickly I wanted to move to work in the community where I would be able to provide better continuity of care and build stronger relationships with my residents and their families. I have worked in the community care sector for the past 12 years and not looked back.
Each day at Alban Manor is such a pleasure. I love working with my staff who are a creative and caring group of people who share my passion for providing the highest quality of person-centred care to our residents. Creating music, laughter and meaningful moments with our residents makes each day so rewarding."
- Nursing and care staff led by Deputy Matron and Unit Sisters
- Activities team arrange a varied daily programme of events with the home
- Chef & catering team
- In house yoga instructor
- Physiotherapist visits weekly to assess physical needs and encourage independence
- Administrator and reception staff
- Housekeeping, Laundry and Maintenance